Song question / Cologne mini review
Hi everybody,

Troy played the last show of his European tour last night in Cologne and it was pretty cool (as you'd expect).

He closed with a lovely Bonnie Raitt cover, but the song I liked most was a number called "I Was A ... (?)... (?)". Any idea what the full title could be?

Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to ask Troy about it after the show... Cheers!
Hi Happyjaq,

Are you sure that it really is the song title? I don't know any TVB song by that name, even among the newest ones.

Do you remember any of the lyrics?
{ It's like I swim in sound and the way it feels means everything for me }
Thanks for your help. I think Troy just made up the song title. I did some research and judging by the setlist the song I was looking for could be "Sweet Receiver" (at least that's what it's called on the setlist). is that a really catchy, kinda poppy uptempo-number? Cheers!
Hi again,

I don't think it was Sweet Receiver, because that song is anything but poppy and uptempo... Sweet Receiver is the song he plays with just a small cassette machine playing a slow and sad piano track.

Sorry I don't think I can help you more without any lyrics...
{ It's like I swim in sound and the way it feels means everything for me }
is it maybe the one that starts at 13:57 in the europe and co.-video posted currently?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/europe-and-co/video/x7oujm_event-13-troy-von-balthazar_music">http://www.dailymotion.com/europe-and-c ... azar_music</a><!-- m -->

"my father was a fisherman. my mama was a fishermans friend and i was born..."
ah, if it's this, then it's the paul simon cover 'duncan'.
and the lyrics go: "my father was a fisherman. my mama was a fisherman's friend and I was born in the boredom and the chowder."
he also played it in the acoustic-session linked in his myspace-profil, but without the fisherman.