TVB FAll Tour 2008-2009
stephaneschmit Wrote:We'll see ourselves with Troy how okay it is with him we bring shit online for everybody to enjoy

I'm wondering about that myself...I don't want to step on any toes...

That bunny dance will haunt me forever...absolutely terrifying, like a David Lynch movie!
Joseph Wrote:[...] Troy told her his second album was recorded with a band that he will be touring with whenever the album gets released. So there's some news!
That band is called The Black Pine and they play beautiful music. http://www.myspace.com/blackpine
Adeline Fargier, who played guitar with TVB on numerous occasions, plays guitar and sings in The Black Pine.

Joseph Wrote:Troy also mentioned to me that "Jesus Cried" was written by Bonnie Raitt, which shocked me (who knew?); further investigation via the Interweb has revealed that the song in question is actually called "Too Long at the Fair." How 'bout that! TVB should cover "Give 'Em Something to Talk About" next!
I knew! I did mention this in the setlists (for example, see here or here), although it doesn't say "Bonnie Raitt cover", but "written by Joel Zoss". Check out the other setlists for other interesting covers!
{ It's like I swim in sound and the way it feels means everything for me }
Florent Wrote:I knew! I did mention this in the setlists (for example, see here or here), although it doesn't say "Bonnie Raitt cover", but "written by Joel Zoss".

In America, we would call you "a show-off."

Those setlists make me jealous of all you folks who have seen the man multiple times over the years here in Europe. I wish he were still playing "Water." That song is lovely. And I'm going to check out The Black Pine for sure! Samples on their MySpace profile are excellent. Thanks for the heads up...you show-off.
Shame on you Toulouse ! I could hear you talk just like people in Valence. Will you ever shut the f*ck up ? Troy plays fucking quiet music !

The show was not so good was it ? Was Troy ill or something ? Looked so to me. Looked like he had flue or something. I dunno. At the begining of the show, songs were played extremely slow. Next some of them got shortened for some reason. Like Troy didn't enjoy himself that much.

I'm stoked I got to watch the show for free on the Internet but I wish it was any better. Lesmercredisrock.com did a good job at bringing shit online though they definatly need to replace this terrible bald guy and some cameramen too.

I hope Joseph could make it to the venue and could still enjoy himself despite the circumstances. Maybe the show wasn't that bad if attended live after all..

Merci beaucoup.
I would have appreciated that you gave me the link to the streaming site before it happens so that I could post it on the news for TVB fans. smilie
Too late anyway.

I try my best to get links for venues, but this one I didn't find.

On a more technical point of view, it's a shame only Windows XP & Vista users are able to see the video streaming. smilie smilie
Franck Wrote:I would have appreciated that you gave me the link to the streaming site before it happens so that I could post it on the news for TVB fans. smilie

How unfair ! :shock:

Franck Wrote:Too late anyway.
Not so sure. The ugly bald guy told about "rediffusions".

Franck Wrote:On a more technical point of view, it's a shame only Windows XP & Vista users are able to see the video streaming. smilie smilie

Indeed.. smilie
stephaneschmit Wrote:How unfair ! :shock:
ahum, missed that one... smilie

stephaneschmit Wrote:Not so sure. The ugly bald guy told about "rediffusions".
ok then, I'll contact him, thanx.
For those who care about these things, here's the setlist:

2008/10/08
Saint des Seins
Toulouse

01. Rainbow
02. Dots and Hearts
03. Magnified
04. I Block the Sunlight out
05. Communicate
06. Real Strong Love
07. Sweet Receiver
08. Diamond Brain
09. Heroic Little Sisters
10. Cover Us
11. Big Balls

All acts on the bill that night were only supposed to play for thirty minutes, hence the shortened songs (I only noticed "Big Balls" being shorter...). Crowd definitely sucked, but it was a free show, so...you know how it is.
Also, we got to learn something. First, "Mr Troy was the lead singer of a band named Chokobe (pronounce Cho-ko-bee)". Then, for those who never heard about Chokobe, the speaker precises "This was the favorite band of Mr. Kurt Cobain". Good to know. I wonder why nobody ever mentionned this before. Finally, despite being from from Hawaii, Mr Balthazar wouldn't be a surfer. Too bad.
stephaneschmit Wrote:Playlist

[Image: 03102008.jpg]

The actual document was stolen by a loud fat bitch at the end of the show. The worst piece of the whole crappy audience that night. May she fry in hell. smilie

Ah ouais tu as raison, elle m'a saoulé cette conne. Après le concert, elle s'est jetée dessus puis elle ne lui a pas laché la grappe, impossible de lui parler... smilie

Et je rejoins ce que tu dis sur le public, quelle bande de cons à Valence, aucun respet ça craint. A Grenoble, à ce niveau là, c'était beaucoup mieux. A Toulon, ça m'a gonflé aussi, tout le monde parlait aussi...brèf...

Au fait, as-tu retrouvé des photos de Valence (took some money Big Grin ) ?
hey hey ! oui nous l'avons cette vidéo de Troy et toi qui l'accompagne sur Took Some Money !
Je vais essayer de trouver un moyen pour te la faire passer... YouTube ou autre...

Big Grin
Excellent !!

Merci. Big Grin
You got PM smilie
You just made my day !!

Thanx buddy Big Grin
Well, it took nearly 2 years to get this to you (better late than never?), but here's my recording of TVB from August 29, 2008. More to come later. Hopefully.

Troy Von Balthazar
August 29, 2008
Surf Art Festival
l’Atabal
Biarritz
France

http://www.also-ran.com/blahg/entry/troy...t_festival

Sony PCM-D50 (internal mics) > WAV > FLAC > Also-Ran.com > you > tu madre

00. Rainbow (?) (Not recorded!)
01. (Fading in!)
02. Dots and Hearts
03. Magnified
04. I Block the Sunlight out
05. Communicate
06. (TVB speaks!)
07. Very, Very Famous
08. Sweet Receiver
09. (TVB speaks again! And tunes his guitar!)
10. New Song
11. Diamond Brain
12. New Song
13. Dogs
14. Heroic Little Sisters / Encore Break
15. Cover Us
16. Real Strong Love

Total running time: 42 minutes and 59 seconds

NOTES:
This recording is so close to being flawless...but it is not flawless nonetheless. This is how I fucked it all up. First, the recording levels on my machine were turned ALL THE WAY DOWN during the first song, so the machine did not record anything with the levels like that and the first song is gone as a result. I almost cried when I discovered this blunder upon first listen. Thankfully, I got bold and cranked up the levels after the first song, thus saving the rest of the recording. Phew! Sadly, I raised the recording levels again later only to discover during the very last song that the levels were too high (for that song anyway, which was louder than the rest of the set), resulting in a few seconds of overdriven sound during that tune (you would never even notice that moment or two of harshness if this recording were not so goddamned good); I turned them down again. In other words, the levels go up and a down a bit. Despite all the issues with the levels, this recording is fucking awesome. You can hear EVERYTHING, including TVB when he is not even speaking into the microphone! You can also hear me snicker at his comments from time to time (sorry) as well as the sound of a digital camera snapping pictures. Damn, that is one clear recording!

PLAY LOUD.

With regards to the distribution of this recording, I only ask that you try real hard not to spread it around as MP3 files; otherwise, do what thou wilt.

Recorded by Joseph Larkin.

joseph@josephlarkin.com
http://www.josephlarkin.com
http://www.also-ran.com